Thursday, November 30, 2017

Kalihi Breakfast Club Visits Mahina & Sun's At The Surfjack Hotel



It has been about 2 years since I've posted to this blog. Recently, I have been meeting up with friends (from middle school) once a month, for breakfast. I think this is the 4th month I've joined them. We go to different restaurants that we've never been to. Our breakfast co-ordinator, Sandy, sets everything up and coordinates when we'd be going, where, and she even orders ALL of our food!! Well, she orders food, and then we all pick a little from each plate so that we can taste each meal. It is really fun, and such a great way to get to know these places, and then we can later decide if we'd bring our family back to the restaurant or not. We are the "Kalihi Breakfast Club". 



There is usually 5 of us. But being that it is the busy holiday season, only 3 of us were able to get together this month. I decided to also bring my son along, and have him join us. We went to the Surfjack Hotel, where the restaurant Mahina & Sun's were located. 

They valet there. No self-parking, which I loved! Parking is $10, HOWEVER, if you are a local, Kama'aina, they have a local program for people like us! :) Come and eat at the Mahina & Sun's, sign up for their program, and receive special offers each time you come. The 1st offer starts off with "Free Parking" (Yep, I didn't have to pay the $10 afterall). Every offer after that includes 1 FREE parking and a free something small. 

So we walk into the lobby and I immediately notice that they have a swimming pool right there... such a cute place! Wait, there is writing at the bottom of the pool... hey this pool looks familiar!! I've seen this pool somewhere... on my friend, Lynette Eastman's Facebook!! Sooo cool!! 

The restaurant looked very relaxing, plenty of room, and there was music playing, and it was great music. Not sleazy kine, but fun n' upbeat kine. They sat us quickly, and we looked around to see plenty of peeps that were just relaxing having coffee, on their computers, and really just having a great time being there. 



Here's the menu.... 


We went with the Pork Adobo Fried Rice Bowl; Frambled Flat Omelet; Ulu Pancake & my son had the Surfjack Breakfast. Everything was ONOLICIOUS!!!! 

Pork Adobo Fried Rice (It's all underneath those over easy eggs)... there was also Kim Chee, Avocado, Watercrest, Mushrooms n' Ginger all on this plate....


Frambled Flat Omelet - Check out those hidden treasures in the omelet... there was Opa n' an over easy egg in there, topped with cilantro chutney, avocado, grape tomatoes... YUMMMMM!!!!

My son's meal - the Surfjack Breakfast... Crispy Bacon, Over Easy Eggs, Kim Chee, Mac Salad, Rice... he ate it all!!


Then this was the Ulu Pancakes!! Made with breadfruit (that's what Ulu means). Consistency was like a crepe, but it wasn't a crepe, was a pancake!! Topped with bananas, whipped cream n' syrup!!! We all had half a pancake, and ate it all!!!  LOL!!

At the end, we took some pics together... of course, gotta!! My son was our photographer, he came in handy! 




As you can see... the decor was all retro, like the 60's. Us girls were very very happy with this place. I think my hubby would enjoy the food n' the environment here. I am looking forward to coming back and bringing him, and taking advantage of their local program!! :)  

Before we left, we noticed that they had a little boutique on the corner, at the entrance of the hotel. How'd we miss this??  

That's my boy enjoying their super cool wooden chairs...

A pic I took inside the boutique... some lady's hand got in my shot, and I was too full to take it again. LOL!!

Thank You Surfjack and Mahina & Sun's!!! We really really really enjoyed our breakfast this morning. We plan on returning with the other 2 Kalihi Breakfast Club members next year, and probably come for LUNCH!!! 


Truly Blessed,
Young's Dining

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kalihi Breakfast Club Visits Mahina & Sun's At The Surfjack Hotel

It has been about 2 years since I've posted to this blog. Recently, I have been meeting up with friends (from middle school) onc...