Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Beef Curry Dinnah

Last night, I made Beef Curry for dinner.  Now, before you get all excited, I'm no expert at cooking, I just follow the directions on a recipe.  So the box of Curry mix that I purchase is the S&H brand and it says "Golden Curry" on it.  It comes in 3 levels of spicyness... I stick to the mild, cause I cannot handle hot.  You can find this at any Asian store.  Maybe even WalMart.  I actually saw this at WinCo and Uwagimaya while in Washington this past winter.  So, just ask and look around.  I am sure you'll be able to find!


On the back is the recipe and instructions on how to cook.  I've made this dish so many times already, the instructions are automatic in my head.  While at the store, you can look at the back of the box to see what ingredients you need to buy. I usually use beef.  I buy the chopped steak. If you are a label reader, you won't like what this includes.... infact upon waking up this morning, I didn't feel so well.  But I'll write about that in another post. ;o/  Let me finish up this post for y'all that can handle all that yuckiness.... LOL!

For oil, I use Organic Coconut Oil. This is a Costco (Kirkland) brand.

I cut up my veggies and prep them before turning the stove on.... round white onions...

Carrots and Potatoes....


 Now, I heat my stove, and add the Coconut Oil about 1/4 of my wooden spoon.

Add the chopped white round onions.... ho, the buggh smell nice!!  Not too many peeps can handle the fragrance that comes from chopped onions, or onions being sauteed.  I used to not be able to handle it too... but now I can.  Once in a while, there are tears, but most of the time... No MORE TEARS, baby!!!!  Stir til' a little bit brown on the edges.

Add the chopped steak, stir til' they are browned too...

I then add the Potatoes and Carrots, and add 6 cups of hot water.  Bring to boil and then let simmer for a while. Til' the meat gets soft.  While the pot is simmering, I fill my pyrex measuring cup with 2 cups of hot water (I get mines from the water dispenser, and it's "hot tea" hot), this'll help break down the powder, and make it all liquify.  The instructions says to toss the powdered blocks into the pot while it's boiling, and stir often, but every time I did that, a chunk of powder usually ends up on meat and sticks.  It isn't tasty when you put a chunk of that in your mouth... it's happened to the hubs several time.  Eeeeks!!  So to make sure it mushes well, I do this....

I then add the mix above to the pot and stir til' it starts thickening.  It was pretty quick and easy to do, and really yummy too!!  Here's my bowl of curry yumminess... poured over hapa rice.

Thanks for popping in!! ALOHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kalihi Breakfast Club Visits Mahina & Sun's At The Surfjack Hotel

It has been about 2 years since I've posted to this blog. Recently, I have been meeting up with friends (from middle school) onc...